Founders Day Reg Form
Join Us for the Willow Glen Founders' Day Parade!
Saturday, September 19, 2015
Parade entry is now closed. Please check back for a complete list of parade participants for the 2015 parade.
GENERAL PARADE GUIDELINES:
ENTRY REQUIREMENTS AND SELECTION:
- ALL parade entries MUST showcase the parade theme, "Willow Glen - Past, Present and Future."
- Applicants are all subject to approval by Parade Organizers.
- Entries are selected on their entertainment value, uniqueness, size, and appearance.
- The parade participants must be "family friendly" appropriate to be seen by all ages.
- The Parade will not be used as a platform for special interests or political campaigns.
- Music is encouraged to accompany the entry.
ENTRY APPLICATION FORM (online only, see link above for application form):
- Entry applications must be received by August 15.
- The entry application form must be completed and signed with the understanding of the general rules and guidelines.
- The parade organizers reserve the right to reject any entry at any time
- Applicants will receive notification of their acceptance within one week of receipt
- Staging instructions will be mailed approximately two weeks prior to the parade
- The rules and guidelines are for the safety and quality of the parade. Failure to abide by these rules and guidelines and those presented with the parade information package, may result in the entry's removal from the parade
- A fee of $100.00 is required for commercial/business entries (check, made payable to the Willow Glen Business Association) or the business must be part of the Parade Sponsorship Program.
- A commercial business entry cannot be used as a "major" advertisement.
THIS IS A FORWARD MOTION PARADE:
- All entires are required to maintain a continuous forward motion during the parade. No stopping
NO TOSSING OR DISTRIBUTING HANDOUTS, CANDY OR FAVORS:
- Nothing can be tossed or handed out along the parade route or curbside due to liability policies set forth by the parade insurance company and the City.
Identification banners are encouraged for entries in the parade Signs must be for identification purpose only and not as an advertisement or political statement. No phone numbers, addresses or websites listed please.
- Only a significant act of nature will cancel the parade, of which all units would be notified.
- If, for some unforeseen reason, your unit is not able to participate in the parade after being accepted, you must contact the parade staff, prior to the parade date.
- Entries absent on parade day without proper notification may not receive future invitations.
MARCHING MUSICAL UNITS:
- Musical units are requested to perform the one-mile parade route.
- Unit members are required to be in uniform attire.
- Floats cannot exceed 50 feet in length (including tow vehicle), 13 feet in height and 10 feet wide.
- Float entries must follow the "Parade Float Guidelines" that will be emailed following receipt of the entry application.
- All vehicles must be properly insured and drivers must have proper drivers license
MARCHERS / SPECIALTY UNITS: (Clowns, Color Guards, Drill/Dance/Baton, Scout Groups)
- Units will be considered on their entertainment value or uniqueness
- Plain clothed marching entries will not be accepted.
- Entries requiring vehicles to carry sound systems must notify parade organizers on the application. Carts or vehicles accompanying the entry must be decorated
- Drill / Dance routines must be choreographed for forward motion. No stopping to perform
- Vehicles considered for entry must be antique or unique
- Commercial business vehicles such as vans, tankers, farm machinery, tractor-trailers and other large vehicles may not be accepted due to safety concerns
- Vehicles permitted in the parade will be restricted in numbers, with no more than three car clubs and limited to 8 cars per club
- No commercial or private vehicles are allowed in the parade without prior written approval by the parade staff
- All vehicles must be properly insured and drivers must have a proper drivers license
- No more than 8 horses per entry. No more than three equestrian groups will be accepted in the parade.
- Any animal deemed unsafe in the parade will be removed.
- All equestrian entries MUST provide a clean-up crew to follow their entry in the parade.
- Equestrian riders should be at least 12 years of age and accompanied by an adult trainer
- All equestrian entries MUST have trainers walking with every two horses.
- No trick riding allowed at any time during the parade.
SPECIAL GUESTS / DIGNITARIES:
- Guests and Dignitaries are by invitation only.
PARTICIPANT AGE RESTRICTIONS:
- Walking participants must be at least six years old or older.
- There must be a least one adult escort for every six children under the age of 13 years.
- Young children riding on a float must have adult supervision on and around them.